Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 12/20/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Solid foundation in designing, implementing, and maintaining a large-scale distributed system (e.g. with microservice architecture)
- Experience in developing distributed platform systems such as Messaging Platforms, Pub/Sub Systems, Databases, Distributed Computing Frameworks, and Schedulers
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm, operating system and object-oriented programming
- Deep understanding of concurrency, distributed computing, large-scale system, messaging and algorithm
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Interest and ability to learn new technology stacks as needed
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software and core platform
- Build common platforms to support different business vertical application systems
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible
- Adopt problem-solving as a way of life - always go to the root cause!
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Scala or Go
- NoSQL experience
- Experience with AWS services
- Contribute to open-source projects
Paytm Labs began as a research and development division of Paytm. They pride themselves in building products and services that enrich and empower people's lives daily. They believe that culture is a product of everyday behaviours that are celebrated and amplified.
- Health & Wellbeing - Your group health benefits are 100% funded by us, and start on your first day.
- Travel the World - Even though we are currently working remotely, usually our employees make frequent international business-related trips while working on exciting projects.
- Continuous Learning - We're passionate about learning and strive to constantly improve and innovate. We learn from others, our challenges & our successes.
- Connection - In this virtual world, we stay connected through events like game nights, movie nights, arts & crafts sessions (like Origami), meditation sessions, and much more.
- Autonomy & Flexibility - You get to define how you want to make an impact. We truly believe that great things happen when people are given the trust and freedom to create their own path.
- Beautiful Office - Whenever we return back to the office, you’ll get to check out our awesome workspace, complete with pool and ping pong tables, a snack-filled kitchen, and tons of cozy work spaces.
Company Core Values
- Intent Overrides Ability
- The Power of Asking, ‘Why?’
- We Before Me
- Do Great Things, Fast