GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com
to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for a Senior Back-End Software Engineer to be part of our Core Prescriptions engineering team. Our mission is to help people save money on the prescription drugs they need to get healthy lives and make healthcare more accessible and affordable.
As a Back-End Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and deployment of new or existing services and APIs needed to support new product functionality. Along with a deep and thorough technical acumen, you should have an equally strong ability to lift up team members and collaborate closely with the rest of the Engineering, Product, and Design team while striving to achieve team and organization’s goals.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas into production-ready solutions in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Partner with teams across the organization to think beyond the technical implications of design decisions
- Engage in code reviews to ensure code quality as well as share and distribute knowledge
- Own, create, or review technical design proposals and proof of concepts
- Evangelize engineering best practices and push for higher engineering standards
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers by leading and collaborating in all engineering discussions
- Promote a culture of operational excellence by meticulously testing and monitoring our systems and code, writing documentation, and being on-call to support the health of our services
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of software development experience – you have shipped products used by thousands of users.
- Significant experience designing, building, deploying, and maintaining cloud-based web services and microservices (AWS experience preferred)
- Experience with container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience in one of more modern programming languages (Go/Python preferred)
- Experience with React, TypeScript, NodeJS, and consuming GraphQL
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and passionate about code quality, best practices, continuous delivery, and automated testing
- Ability to convey complex technical information to a variety of levels within the organization
- Ability and desire to be a polyglot. Adapting to the tools and technologies appropriate for the job at hand.
Good to Have
- Extensive knowledge of Feature Management or A/B Testing tools like Optimizely
- Knowledge of how performance on the web is measured and experience with tools like Datadog, Lighthouse, etc
- Experience analyzing data and interacting with databases such as MySQL, Redshift, BigQuery
- Experience coding with compliance in mind (HIPAA, PCI or others)
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
San Francisco Office: $180,000 - $288,000
New York Office: $165,000 - $264,000
Santa Monica Office: $150,000 - $240,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, "Take Care of Yourself" days, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
At GoodRx, we deeply value in-person connection and collaboration and feel that is key to our company culture. GoodRx is a hybrid work environment and we ask employees to be in the office a minimum of twice a week to one of our hubs in Santa Monica, San Fransico and New York City.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.