Staff Ml Engineer, Fraud Intelligence
Posted on 2/19/2022
- Have at least 6 years of experience in training ML models
- Enjoy and have experience shipping ML models in a large-scale production environment
- Have led multiple engineers to deliver large-scale high-impact projects
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in taking ownership and driving projects to business impact
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- [Bonus] Have experience in Python, Scala (Spark), or Ruby
- How do we featurize all user interactions on Stripe and train models on high-dimensional input?
- How do we design models to handle both tabular & unstructured data?
- How do we train models to learn quickly from fresh incremental data (few-shot learning)?
- What unsupervised systems can we build to detect anomalous behavior?
- Setting the technical & process direction for the team based on business goals
- Designing, training, improving & launching models
- Proposing and implementing ideas that directly reduce Stripe's fraud losses
- Building systems that evaluate businesses for risk and take appropriate actions
- Leading partner teams to launch new policies that directly impact Stripe's bottom line
- Helping engineers across the company to develop technologies for scaling our infrastructure
- Debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious