null, United Kingdom
6 month growth↓ -15%
1 year growth↓ -22%
2 year growth↓ -24%
- Qualified ACA Accountant
- Experience working with a large multinational company
- Good working knowledge of IFRS, SOX, and internal control frameworks
- Knowledge of SEC regulations & requirements
- Monitor existing and new accounting and regulatory policies to ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards (IFRS) and regulations
- Compile literature and communicate changes to accounting policies and practice to relevant partners
- Review accounting treatment for significant new/modified contracts and projects to ensure compliance with accounting standards
- Compose technical summary papers for complex accounting transactions or business issues
- Ensure accounting policies are applied throughout the Group, partnering with operating companies and providing assistance where required
- Work in partnership with other departments (tax, treasury, legal, M&A) and operating companies to consider and advise on new or complex accounting scenarios
- Support the creation and delivery of clear and useful training and accounting updates across the Group
- Assist the Group Reporting team to ensure that periodic reporting is accurate, timely, and complies with all relevant accounting standards and regulations
- Review the Group’s financial statements and provide technical accounting input where required
- Provide information, support, and work with external auditors and advisors
- UK & US listing exposure
WPP is the creative transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, planet, clients, and communities.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 115,000 accomplished people in 110 countries. WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide.
We create transformative ideas and outcomes for our clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce, and technology.
WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world’s biggest companies and organisations – from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC, and the UN. Our clients include 61 of the FTSE 100, 307 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 62 of the NASDAQ 100. WPP are the leader in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and 20th in the FTSE 100 rankings for Women on Boards.
Why we’re hiring:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technical accounting professional to become an important part of the WPP Group Technical Accounting team and support our growth in how the team can best support both our operating companies and other Group functions to the level expected of a FTSE 50 business.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting into the Group Senior Technical Accounting Manager, and based at London HQ, you will support the team in tackling and help steer a range of technical accounting needs across the Group and its evolution as these needs change across the business.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Monitor existing and new accounting and regulatory policies to ensure that the Group complies with all relevant accounting standards (IFRS) and regulations.
- Compile literature and communicate changes to accounting policies and practice to relevant partners.
- Review the accounting treatment for significant new/modified contracts and projects to ensure they are compliant with accounting standards.
- Compose technical summary papers for complex accounting transactions or business issues, provide and present research and analysis to ensure the impact on the Group financial statements is compliant with accounting standards and regulations and is communicated to and fully comprehended by all relevant partners.
- Ensure that accounting policies are applied throughout the Group, partnering with operating companies and providing assistance where required.
- Work in partnership with other departments (tax, treasury, legal, M&A) and operating companies to consider and advise on new or complex accounting scenarios.
- Support the Group Technical Accounting team in the creation and delivery of clear and useful training and accounting updates across the Group.
- Assist the Group Reporting team to ensure that periodic reporting is accurate, timely and complies with all relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Review the Group’s financial statements and provide technical accounting input where required.
- Provide information, support, and work with with external auditors and advisors.
What you’ll need:
- Qualified ACA Accountant either in practice or holding a technical accounting position in industry.
- Experience of working with a large multinational company, ideally will have UK & US listing exposure.
- A good working knowledge of IFRS, SOX and internal control frameworks.
- Knowledge of SEC regulations & requirements a benefit.
Who you are:
You’re open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You’re optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You’re extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we’ll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information on how we process the information you provide.