Software Engineer, Frontend
Posted on 5/13/2022
- Identify & improve web performance bottlenecks
- Support and execute complex web platform efforts including accessibility, internationalization involving many engineers
- Provide technical mentorship to peers
- Enable easier web development for peers
- Implement the features and user interfaces of OpenSea web
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team
- 4+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 4+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business
Largest NFT marketplace
OpenSea's mission is to make digital collectibles available to anyone, through buying or selling these items through a smart contract. OpenSea is a peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods, which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain.
- Paid family leave - Whether you’re bonding with a new child or taking care of a family member, we understand you need this time off.
- Health insurance - Your wellness is important. We've got you covered. Take care of yourself to come to work happy and healthy.
- Flexible vacation policy - Sometimes we all need a break. Take one, take many. Just come back recharged and inspired.
- Flexible hours - We know you have personal priorities to take care of. Take care of them and work on your own hours; we’re flexible.
- Work from home - Avoid long commutes in and out of the office. Instead, work in the comfort of your own home and set-up.
- Workshops & conferences - Attend relevant workshops and conferences to grow and develop. It’s our priority.
- Travel & company retreats - As an international team, we take the time to meet up for company retreats.
- Game nights - Once a month, we set work aside and play a game or two to bond as a team.
- Cultivate continuous growth
- Embrace openness
- Foster inclusive collaboration