Technical Support Engineer- Remote
Posted on 4/7/2022
Las Vegas, NV, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Tampa, FL, USA • Raleigh, NC...
- Experience with the following systems is a must: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Windows, and Mac OS X
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and Python scripting
- Experience in Business Intelligence a plus
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s)
- The ability to shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Solid knowledge of networking concepts
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Must be able to work in a fast paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- 2 to 3 years' experience in a Technical Support or Systems Admin role
- Pluses: Experience in Business Intelligence and fluent in Spanish (writing and speaking in technical terms) a huge plus (but not required)
- Provide technical support for enterprise customers
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk product
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- Knowledge in the following areas is a plus: Perl and shell scripting, XML, HTML
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.