Front End Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- Self-starter with ability to self-regulate and problem-solve independently through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Results-driven with a strong ownership mentality and drive to deliver on schedule; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
- Superior abstract thinking abilities
- Motivated to learn about new industries, master new technologies, and push technological boundaries
- Connects code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries
- Team player who openly shares information, helps others, and is open to new ideas and “going the extra mile” when needed
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development utilizing industry standards and best practices
- Advanced experience in reactive web front-end development, specifically HTML5, CSS/SCSS, TypeScript, Angular 10+
- Single Page Application experience
- Exceptional programming skills and grasp of software engineering principles
- Demonstrated success managing development projects end-to-end with significant ownership over technical decision-making
- Experience with using Git version control
- Familiarity with SQL and databases
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- Expected salary range: 100 - 200K
- Work with a combination of modern web technologies (HTML5, TypeScript, React, Angular) and windows desktop development (C#, .NET) to design, implement and maintain new user-facing features
- Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects on time
- Create and track project plans and convey status, issues and risks effectively
- Perform unit and system level testing on your application and all affected systems
- Work closely with customer-facing technical consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure effective coordination and integration between interrelated projects
- Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
- Lead and mentor junior engineers
- Experience developing windows desktop front-end applications using C#/Winforms/WPF is a plus
- Enterprise software experience or experience with financial software and/or financial trading
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution)
High-performance, future-proof solutions
At Broadway, their mission is to help clients combine the fundamental power of human intelligence with data-driven applications and workflow tools to drive their trading businesses. Now and into the future.
- We provide excellent health, dental, vision, and life insurance, including full partner and family coverage.
- Whatever your interests and objectives, we’ll work with you to chart a meaningful path to learn, grow, and advance. All Broadway employees have access to an experienced advisor who can help you find your ideal path.
- Just like a martial arts dojo, our three-month program for recent graduates is all about mastering skills through shared experience.
- We realize that our people have goals beyond Broadway. With our flexible policies, you can pursue them and feel fully supported while doing so.
- As long as you’re meeting expectations and scheduling responsibly, there are no constraints on how much vacation time you take.
- Our retirement matching program helps you plan for the next phase of your life beyond Broadway.
- All employees have access to an annual discretionary budget to get the latest and greatest technology, materials, or training to make working easier, healthier, more interesting or just more fun.
- Unlimited snacks and drinks, and we will buy lunch at the office and dinners for occasional late nights.
- Our people have global ambitions. If you do great work, tell us where you want to live and the world is yours.
- We feel strongly about giving back. Whenever possible, we offer company resources to support voluntary community and career outreach.
- Past events include ping pong, cooking lessons, boating, karaoke, dancing, paintball, and much, much more.
Company Core Values
- Blaze Your Own Trail
- Challenge Yourself
- Be Greater Together
- Make an Impact