Head of Product Design
Updated on 1/27/2023
Remote in USA
- 10+ years experience leading product, UX strategy and/or design, ideally across digital, physical and/or hybrid experiences
- 5+ years applying user-centered design principles to create successful products. Experience defining product design systems and creating design consistency across multiple domains. Experience with user-centered design in an agency setting a plus (IDEO, frog, lunar, Matter, etc)
- Multiple experiences conducting and synthesizing user research, and prior experiences mentoring and developing UX researchers is a strong plus
- Experience working within cost-efficient start-up frameworks to drive early traction for design concepts prior to investment. Techniques may include lo-fi prototyping, user validation, etc
- Experience with category-defining new products, navigating product adoption and user experience evolution
- Previous work in multiple media including: software, hardware, and interaction design
- Expertise in solving complex experiences and making them intuitive to the user
- Establish seamless user experiences across multiple domains: hardware, software (consumer web/app, enterprise web/app) and workflows
- Establish a user-centered design system with the aim of identifying new innovation opportunities and improving the current experience for our users, which include nurses, EMT technicians, primary care physicians, cardiologists and many others across the healthcare continuum
- Hire, manage, and develop internal designers and creative leaders in design and UX research
- Be a player-coach, amplifying a growth mindset amongst design team members, deepening both their confidence in their craft and their leadership competencies by showing them how it's done
- Capture the impact of design by partnering with the organization to quantify the experience of Eko customers across digital and physical experiences, for both consumer and enterprise customers
- Manage and hire external agencies for contracted design projects
- Research, prototype and test designs for new products and technologies
- Engage with engineering, in partnership with Product, to ensure desirability, feasibility and viability inputs result in a seamless and compelling user experience and a successful business
FDA approved, AI-powered heart sound and EKG sensor developer
Eko is focused on providing clinicians and health systems support and opportunities to elevate their patient care. Eko is here to care for people in the best way they can—by making cardiac care better.
- Paid-time off
- Medical/Dental/Vision, Disability + Life Insurance
- Volunteer time off
- One Medical membership
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Matching
- Work from home equipment stipend
- Flexible schedules
- Wellness programs (Wellness Wednesdays, Time off)
- Wellness perks (Headspace, Ginger, Aaptiv, Physera)
- Learning and Development stipend
Company Core Values
- We are scientists - Eko is passionate about understanding and finding better ways to understand the heart. Through thoughtful research and study we are constantly expanding our knowledge.
- We are advocates - Eko is focused on providing clinicians and health systems support and opportunities to elevate their patient care.
- We are community - Eko is here to care for people in the best way we can—by making cardiac care better. The foundation of our community may be clinicians, but the patient is at the heart of everything we do.
- We are innovators - Eko is dedicated to supporting clinicians at every step of their practice. We are always looking for new, meaningful ways to share and provide access to the tools we’ve developed.