Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • Atlanta, GA, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Expertise building and operating in Cloud Native environments (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Expertise building fully automated deployment pipelines to production environments
- Expertise with infrastructure related tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, etc.)
- Desire to work through ambiguity and provide solutions to maximize efficiency
- Strong reasoning capabilities to persuade teams to adopt new and more efficient ways of working
- Clear communication skills
- Passion for building the highest-quality solutions that delight the customer (both internal and external customers)
- Full-stack development experience to include frontend, backend, and infrastructure
- Ability to write clean, reliable, and highly maintainable code
- Appreciation of a test-driven and code-review culture
- Collaborate across engineering to understand their pain points, creating full-stack applications and tools, enabling teams to own what they build with a consistent self-service experience for building, deploying, and operating code in production
- Search for manual and thought-interrupting tasks (aka “toil”) and prioritize such tasks for automation or self-service, writing code to embed operational knowledge
- Build, secure, maintain, and monitor infrastructure that the production application and business analytics system run on. Leverage infrastructure as code practices
- Support a services based architecture using Docker and Kubernetes. Understand the12 Factor App methodology, and apply it to our services and systems
- Minimize risk of reliability failures of the platform (with an SLI/SLO cross team practice) relating to availability and performance. Address availability risk by ensuring backup and recovery plans have been created and tested
- Respond to alerts and troubleshoot production issues, participating in incident retrospectives to review outages and identify steps to improve reliability
- Ensure that information security (IS) commitments and requirements are incorporated into the information technology processes and that managers are enforcing IS policies and procedures in their departments
- Programming experience in s functional programming language like elixir
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
Fulfillment, warehousing, and freight for B2C and B2B,
Stord's mission is to make your supply chain a competitive advantage.
- Flexible PTO - Take the time you need when you need it. Because you’re at your best when you rest, relax, and recharge.
- Mental Health Support - We give you access to free and confidential support. Because mental health is just as important as physical health.
- Paid Parental Leave - No matter how you become a parent (birth, adoption, foster care placement), you’ll get up to 6 weeks of paid bonding time.
- Health and Life Insurance - We provide medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance to support you and your family.
- Wellness Reimbursement - You’ll get up to $50 a month to invest in your health and fitness. Gym memberships, wellness apps – whatever keeps you moving!
Company Core Values
- Bias Toward Action - Each step forward, no matter how small, leads us to better solutions, faster.
- Build for the Long Term - We’re focused on leaving a positive impact in our work and in our relationships.
- Eternal Optimism - Problems give us an opportunity to get creative and learn something new.
- Transparency and Candor - We’re fostering an environment where everyone feels comfortable sharing feedback and opinions.
- Empower Others - We hire great people so they can do great work and become the experts at what they do.
- Learn and Iterate - We continually refine what we do and how we do things in order to be the best we can be.