Associate General Counsel
Product and Privacy
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- JD and a member of the California Bar in good standing
- At least 8+ years of law firm and in-house experience
- Experience counseling technology product teams, especially those building B2B and artificial intelligence products and services
- Experience counseling on global privacy compliance and emerging regulations and best practices in artificial intelligence
- Experience counseling on intellectual property issues related to data use and open source software
- Experience managing and developing other attorneys and analysts and leading a product counseling and/or privacy compliance function
- An ability to translate between business and technical risk and communicate clearly to business and technical constituencies
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude to tackle projects large and small and a collaborative, low-ego approach to collaborating across the organization
- Deep interest in machine learning technology and applications
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Advise product, engineering, operations, and marketing teams on meeting strategic objectives while complying with laws, regulations, best practices, and customer requirements
- Build the product and privacy counseling function within the Scale legal team
- Build and maintain a privacy compliance program that scales to meet changing global regulations
- Design, implement, and iterate on policies, processes, and procedures to improve the legal team's engagement model with the product organization
- Support the commercial legal team in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating legal agreements
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions for product and business teams
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments, think ahead, see around corners, and help prepare for and minimize risks that may arise in the future
- Be a pinch-hitter in high-stakes matters, including litigation, regulatory and employment
- Experience in employment
- Experience managing litigation
Data platform for AI
Scale AI's mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications.
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage - Our health plans give you the flexibility to select the right coverage for you and eligible family members through a variety of plan options.
- Easy to use 401(K) - Plan and invest for the future with a 401(k) via Guideline. Scale’s 401(k) plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings.
- Wellness Fund - We care about the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of all Scaliens. Our $100/month wellness stipend can be used for gym memberships, acupuncture, meditation apps, and so much more.
- Virtual Social Activities - Being remote has not stopped us from hosting fun virtual events. From trivia night to candle making, we ensure employees are fostering connections & building strong relationships.
- Learning & Development - We know how important career growth is for Scaliens, so we offer a $500/year L&D stipend to help support continued development throughout your journey.
- Flexible hours allow you to work when you are most productive. You can work with your manager to best plan your daily work schedule.
- Generous Paid Time Off - Enjoy time to travel or plan a staycation. We encourage employees to take time off to recharge and prevent burnout. We have a flexible PTO policy where each employee is afforded the flexibility to take planned time-off as needed.
- Commuter Benefits - Set aside pre-tax dollars to use on qualified transportation expenses to help ease your commute.
- Parental Leave - Balancing work and family is essential, and Scale understands the importance of having adequate leave policies in place to promote a healthy home and work life.
Company Core Values
- Earn customer love
- Intellectual rigor, open mind
- Ambition shapes reality
- Team flow
- Ownership is the job
- Run through walls
- Up the tempo
- Results speak loudest