- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related experience
- 3+ years of software development experience in C/C++
- Excellent grasp of the Time and Space complexities of your code
- Experience with data structures and algorithms
- Experience with multi-threading
- Passion for creating innovative solutions
- High attention to details
- Ability to quickly grasp, prototype and communicate new technical ideas
- Google FlatBuffers
- Visual Studio
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Position: Software Developer, Analytics Engine, C++
Job location: (REMOTE) our office is in Toronto (or) Ottawa, Canada BUT you can be anywhere in Canada
About the team:
RapidResponse is a software platform that provides unique what-if analysis to Supply Chain Management practitioners across multiple industries. Our product allows customers to run complex algorithms to forecast and predict aspects of their Supply Chain. Our team was born out of the need to let customers create their own custom algorithms utilizing RapidResponse data and platform capabilities. We are expanding the capabilities of our platform by handling big data, empowering AI solutions, and complex Optimization calculations.
We code in C++ within our In-Memory Proprietary Database handling large amounts of data fed into the custom algorithm engine. We take care of caching optimizations for algorithm results. We seek innovative solutions for best performance, scalability, and overall optimization of the functionality we own. We have lots of exciting work ahead as we continue to expand and support new ways of dealing with greater scale and complexity of the custom algorithms for the widely successful RapidResponse product.
We are a fast-moving and collaborative team, where every member is passionate about what we do. Would you like to join us on the road to something new, big, and exciting?
If you share a passion for the awesome results of your work, and you have the skills below – please talk to us!
As a Developer in the Analytics Engine team, you will own and contribute to the architectural design, implementation, quality and maintenance of the code you and your co-workers create in the RapidRespose algorithms stack.
Technologies we use
· Google FlatBuffers
· Visual Studio
What we are looking for
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related experience
· 3+ years of software development experience in C/C++
· Excellent grasp of the Time and Space complexities of your code
· Experience with data structures and algorithms
· Experience with multi-threading
· Passion for creating innovative solutions
· High attention to details
· Ability to quickly grasp, prototype and communicate new technical ideas
What may help
· Supply Chain Management knowledge
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.