Masters/PhD Intern - Technology - Multiple Locations - 2022
Posted on 2/2/2022
- Root cause analysis and documentation of software defects
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to testing challenges
- Innovate on existing processes to drive continuous improvement
- Test and certify features for release
- Write utilities / automation tools using Selenium, Java, REST, Python, Groovy, and more
- Participate in cross-group and internal customer feature demos
- Pursuing a Masters degree, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Data Science, Cybersecurity, Business or a related field, graduating December 2022 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment
- Network Processing: This is the team behind VisaNet, the payments network that connects consumers and merchants with financial institutions. The team strives to maintain quality through high-availability and high volume to enable industry collaboration and innovation today and tomorrow
- Issuer Processing: Debit Processing Services (DPS), our Issuer Processing platform for North America, processes over half of all Visa Debit transactions and is the largest single prepaid processing platform for Visa prepaid transactions in the U.S. The team also partners with third-party companies outside of the U.S. to deliver value-added services through Visa-owned assets
- Merchant + Acquirer Processing: The teams strategy is to build deeper merchant and acquirer relationships and increase total merchant value by developing solutions that address complex and emerging merchant and acquirer needs
- Digital and Developer Platform: Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) develops and manages platform-oriented technology to advance the global growth of digital commerce and the mobilization of payments. Pairing a customer-first approach and relentless product innovation, we build the underlying technologies that enhance value propositions for Visa cardholders and business partners around the world
- Data Product Development: Visas position as the global leader in electronic payments enables us to collect and analyze a rich trove of data. Our team enables Visa to tell our data story through business intelligence and develop innovative data-driven products
- Data Platform: We timely deliver rich, high quality and easy-to-use Visa core data assets as a service, together with a reliable, scalable and secure data platform, that enables our internal partners to rapidly and efficiently innovate and monetize data-driven business products and services to lead the digital payment industry
- Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity programs to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes. They seek to be the best-in-class at the physical, cyber security, network, application, and data security layers
- Corporate IT: CIT builds, operates and maintains the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visas business
- Operations + Infrastructure: Operations & Infrastructure builds, operates and maintains best-in-class IT infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, and continuously available
- Open VisaNet: Open VisaNet (OVN) is responsible for building the long-term architecture for VisaNet and the future of our core payments processing capability. The team develops the next generation Authorization, Clearing and Settlement functionality that horizontally scales to support Global and domestic processing
- Visa Research: Visa Research is an organization that focuses exclusively on the scientific foundations of existing, emerging and future commerce-related technologies. With the establishment of a formal research organization and the associated long-term commitment to technology research, Visa joins the ranks of a small number of industry leaders with both the insight and ability to substantially influence and systemically impact the future
- Technology Planning and Business Operations (TPBO): Whether it is communications support, change efforts, or process improvements, this team is built to support the Technology organization
- Experience with Write utilities / automation tools using Selenium, REST, Python, Groovy, and more
- Familiar with: JSON, MongoDB, AngularJS, ExpressJS, NodeJS, React
- Experience with Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, R, NoSQL
- Familiarity with software testing principles
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
- Lead root cause analysis and track defect resolution to completion
- Review and provide feedback on development code, test designs and test cases
- Communicate status frequently to project stakeholders
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Strong ability to lead or drive a project from the beginning to the end with sufficient understanding of the goal
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.