The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
As a Bilingual LicensedCustomer Service Agent, you have the chance to be the first point of communication for our insureds. In this role, you can expect to handle questions regarding policies, payments, cancellations and other topics, as needed. You will interact with our customers however is most convenient for them, including phone, email, and chat. It is important that you are knowledgeable in the property insurance space; at this time, we are seeking applicants that currently hold an active Personal Lines insurance License.
A day in the life could include:
- Interacting with current policyholders to resolve issues, answer questions, and beyond
- Contacting customers banking institution to obtain additional details
- Creating/updating policies for customers to review
- Submitting payments in addition to issuing refunds
- Requesting any necessary documentation
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Holds an active Personal Lines Insurance license
- Fluently bilingual in English and Spanish
- Have a strong technical ability
- Superior people skills and a strong empathetic nature
- Ability to work with those in distress; you can de-escalate and resolve customer concerns via phone
- Superb attention to detail (it seems obvious, but this one is important!)
- You love learning new skills and can work with tools such as G-Suite, Slack, Zoom and Kustomer
- You are flexible and coachable
- Experience in a call center/high incoming call volume environment at plus, but not required
- Your flexibility allows you to work one weekend shift every 6-8 weeks
- Currently staffing for the following shifts: 8a-5p CT, 8:30a-5:30p CT, 9a-6p CT
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Remote work and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.