Senior Corporate Counsel
Updated on 9/26/2022
- J.D. Degree. from top Canadian or U.S. law school. Strong academic credentials
- Must be a member of good standing of a provincial bar, preferably Alberta
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry, especially with respect to the marketing, sale and distribution of agricultural inputs (crop protection and seed) is preferred but not required
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small. Thrives in an environment where you need to roll-up your sleeves and own outcomes
- Ability to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and business needs
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high activity environment
- Real estate (warehouse facility and office) experience strongly preferred
- Experience as legal partner to HR on Canadian recruitment, retention, workers compensation and employment matters
- Familiarity with technology transaction license agreements preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within the organization (including senior management) and manage cross functional teams, including finance, marketing, sales
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proactive and entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to adapt and contribute to a constantly evolving business
- Familiarity with contract management systems and demonstrated commitment to document management best practices
- 5-7+ years experience, preferably including at a law firm. In-house experience is a plus
Farmer's Business Network is on a mission to create a future of farming that puts Farmers First by democratizing information, providing unbiased analytics and creating competition for farmers’ business.
- In Sickness And In Health - We offer a robust medical, dental and vision plans to all full time employees and their families. We even offer discounted pet insurance!
- Work Hard Play Harder - Unlimited time off so you can take time off when you need time off. It's important to rest and recharge.
- Adulting Time - We care about your future so we offer 401(k), pre-tax benefits, income protection plans and money management tools such as Personal Capital & SoFi.
- A Piece of the Pie - All of our full time employees are offered equity as part of their benefits package.
- Act like an owner
- Be a great team
- Serve Family Farmers