As a Product Design Manager within the Application Performance Monitoring team, you will manage a team of product designers working on a suite of interconnected products focused on enabling developers to understand their code, deployments and user interactions. As a manager, you will be responsible for representing the team to our partners in Engineering and Product Management, as well as internally to the Design team. You will help communicate and connect your team’s work to our overall mission and business goals. This is a hands-on leadership position, and you may do some product design work as needed or desired.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and mentor a team of 5-7 Product Designers
- Hire and retain amazing designers, and help shape our team culture
- Mentor designers in their practice, prioritization, strategy and career growth
- Support and improve the work of your team with regular design reviews and collaboration sessions
- Own your team’s priorities, planning and execution, connecting them to larger business and product priorities
- Collaborate with other Team Leads, Product Managers, and Engineers on feedback and critique of product and processes
Who You Are:
- Prior experience designing and working on technical SaaS products
- At least 2 years of experience managing multiple product designers
- At least 8 years of experience designing digital products
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record shipping interaction design work for web applications
- Your management experience includes team goal planning and feature prioritization
- You give and receive feedback well, and support and improve the work of your colleagues
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $157,000 to $205,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.