About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About G2’s Intern Program
G2’s Intern Program is back for the third summer, and we’re excited to have it be the biggest one yet! You’ll be paired with an Intern Mentor who will guide you through your internship and set you up for success. All interns will be invited to participate in Professional Development and Social events. The Program will close with G2’s Mid-Year Meetup celebration, a global Hybrid event where you’ll be able to meet the majority of our US-based teams.
G2’s 2023 Summer Intern Program will be a Hybrid 10 week program. Interns are expected to work out of our Downtown Chicago Headquarters Tuesday through Thursday.
- Program Duration: June 5 - August 11
- Hybrid - Required in-office Tues-Thurs, Remote Optional Mon & Fri
- The pay rate for this position is $19/hr.
- 40 hours/week
About The Role
As part of G2’s Marketing department, the Communications team is seeking an intern to help it scale its efforts to drive brand awareness for G2 as “where you go for software.” This role, reporting into the Director of Comms and working closely with the Sr. Social & Comms Specialist, will support the team in its work around: executive thought leadership, content development, organic social media, industry events & awards, internal communications, and media relations.
As a member of Communications team, you’ll have 3 main projects:
- Industry research & auditing – Conduct research on industry awards, events, media opportunities, podcasts, and more to help inform the opportunities G2 moves forward with. We’re constantly looking to ensure our spokespeople and executives are participating in the right opportunities, so this role will be pivotal in helping to vet inbound opportunities as well as recommending proactive ideas and channels to consider as part of our broader comms strategy.
- Social media content development – Support G2’s Senior Social Media & Comms Specialist with draft social media content for G2’s LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook channels — incorporating on-message copy and relevant tags — and using our internal project management tools to collaborate on work.
- Measurement - Help the G2 comms team inform its approach and optimize results by having a pulse on current benchmarks and measuring success over time. Partner with G2’s internal comms team on measurement for social, blogs, press releases, and podcasts, while aligning with the PR agency team to support any media relations / press metrics.
- A rising Senior at an accredited college or university
- Attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Excellent organization skills (email, task management, follow-up)
- Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively and independently, delivering on assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.