Motion Planning Machine Learning Intern
Posted on 4/12/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Enrolled in a MS/Ph.D. program with a focus on CS, Robotics, Machine Learning, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of one or multiple of Python, C++, SQL, and experience developing code in a collaborative environment
- Familiarity with one or more machine learning frameworks (PyTorch or Tensorflow)
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals
- Working knowledge of recent machine learning algorithms (supervised, unsupervised, generative, discriminative)
- (Nice to have) Experience with learning-based planning approaches (Imitation Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Bayesian Inference)
- (Nice to have) Experience working with large datasets, data analysis, and quantitative/data science tools
- (Nice to have) Experience working on self-driving or relevant robotics problems (Perception, Prediction, Mapping, Localization, Motion Planning, Simulation)
- Work in a small, high-velocity team of engineers and researchers to design, develop, and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms and software for the motion planning module to deliver desired driving behaviors in various driving scenarios
- Support the design and development of the data-driven motion planning architecture on our next-generation autonomous driving platform
- Own your project but be paired with a mentor to collaborate with and learn from
- Gain experience developing and deploying industry-quality code
Autonomous driving safety technology
Company Core Values
- Creative Ownership: Embrace your creative responsibility for pioneering the future of mobility and feel the pride of ownership in the things you make – both as an individual and as a contributing team member.
- Growing Together Through Teamwork: An open mind, a humble heart and respect for your teammates will enable you to learn from their unique perspectives, nurture your personal growth, and maximize the cooperation that powers your team.
- Courage To Make History: Have the courage to make heroic breakthroughs that make the world safer and better sooner. Nurture an optimistic mindset to eagerly tackle challenges, turn failure into innovation, and continuously expand your knowledge.