Inventory Accounting Manager
Posted on 1/24/2023
Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- At least five (5) years inventory accounting and reporting experience
- At least two (2) years of people management
- Experience with inventory cycle count monitoring programs in 3PL environments
- Big 4 public accounting experience and/or CPA preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of inventory related functions and US GAAP
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work autonomously with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical capabilities and ability to use multiple data sources to deliver insights
- NetSuite or similar Enterprise ERP experience
- Quick learner with an ability to adapt to change and excel in a very dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to make recommendations and experience driving process improvement initiatives in the inventory cycle
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Lead all aspects of reporting and analysis of inventory, ensuring reporting and transactions are in adherence with US GAAP
- Analyze product and sales channels profitability (i.e., Gross Margin Analysis)
- Support the general ledger and monthly financial close process through review of balance sheet account reconciliations (inventory on hand, inventory in transit, freight and warranty reserve accounts)
- Manage and review the inventory reserves analysis and propose adjustments as needed
- Oversee monthly consigned inventory analysis and review adjustments across all locations, investigating discrepancies
- Collaborate with Logistics team to drive best practices in terms of receiving, shipping, and inventory management that support the achievement of inventory accuracy goals
- Monitor effectiveness of controls in the inventory and cost accounting system while making recommendations for improvements
- Provide leadership and take accountability for identifying and driving process and inventory system improvement initiatives
- Drive continuous financial improvement and provide management effective understanding and analysis of inventory and COR results
- Ensure practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for the year-end audit
- Technology savvy in general, proficient with MSOffice and Google Workspace (Excel skills are a must). Tableau experience is a plus
Home security company
Simplisafe wants to make home security accessible to everyone
- Health Insurance - A comprehensive plan provides peace of mind for you and your family.
- Employee assistance program - Help through the difficult situations that come up at work and at home.
- Tuition reimbursement - We want you to keep learning, so we’ll cover part of your tuition.
- 401(k) - Saving for your future in the present.
- Unlimited vacation - Exempt employees take the time when you need it or want it. We mean it.
- Life and disability insurance - Coverage for when you need it most.
Company Core Values
- Customer obsessed
- Aim High
- No Ego
- One Team
- Life As We Climb
- Lean & Nimble