Cloud Software Engineer 3
Posted on 11/2/2022
Odenton, MD, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- At least eight (8) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers
- At least six (6) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), and at least three (3) years developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+) and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts)
- At least four (4) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as MapReduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, Etc
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience
- Demonstrated ability to reverse engineer existing manual discovery tradecraft into a set of scientific outcomes
- Understand and utilize Data Science algorithms by applying existing experience or collaboration knowledge from Persona Analysis data science personnel
- Desire knowledge of Graph Theory to include Social Network Analysis
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience with customer GHOSTMACHINE analytic development
- Experience with Jira, Maven and Git
- Familiarity with customer corporate tools such as DX, TargetProfiler, GeoXplorer, LinkXplorer, Renoir, etc
- Work in a team environment
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.