Director of Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Making a big impact at a Forbes Top Startup Employer
- Working on products that have traction (30X revenue growth in 3 years | #1 rated app in the insurance comparison category)
- Solving problems in a huge market ($2T market size)
- Working closely with serial entrepreneurs and strong leaders who have scaled companies like Nvidia, LinkedIn, Microsoft, SoFi, Amazon, etc
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- You have successfully scaled engineering teams from 50 to 150+
- You have experience working on a consumer-facing product (mobile or web); experience weathering a startup is strongly preferred
- You are passionate about teaching and developing others
- You continually strive for excellence and are never satisfied with the status quo
- You have demonstrated strong technical mastery and in software engineering at scale
- Lead and mentor our team of mobile, web, backend and data engineers; directly supervise our team leaders and develop a strong engineering culture
- Provide technical guidance on architecture, performance and scalability, security, etc
- Develop systems and processes to scale performance, maintain engagement in a mostly remote engineering environment
- Facilitate and collaborate with cross functional partners including product, design, data science, marketing and operations
App to compare and buy car insurance
Jerry's mission is to save you time and money on car expenses.
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Performance Bonus
- Dental Insurance
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Customer Focus: We exist to make customers happy by saving them time and money.
- Passion for Excellence: We want to be proud of working on this team and proud of the experience we deliver to our customers.
- Ownership: We care because we feel personally invested and sense of personal responsibility.
- Sense of Urgency: We have big ambitions and we value people who operate with a sense of urgency so we can achieve those ambitions.
- Transparency: We believe that transparency builds trust and trust helps us work faster and more effectively together.