Area Sales Manager
Posted on 2/7/2024
New York, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 25%
1 year growth↑ 32%
2 year growth↑ 56%
Portland, OR, USA
Sales & Account Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a minimum of 2 years of experience in B2B Sales in the Fintech, Consumer Goods, F&B, and Transportation industries
- Fluency in English; ability to communicate fluently in Spanish is a plus
- Proven ability to manage time, commitments, and accounts effectively
- Prior CRM experience (Hubspot or Salesforce preferred)
- Accelerate growth for the company by increasing the merchant base through prospecting and onsite visits
- Nurture pre-existing relationships with merchants and ensure they’re upskilled on existing suite of products
- Provide support to merchants throughout the sales cycle through a close partnership with the underwriting and merchant support team
- Train merchants on leasing programs and the Merchant portal to ensure seamless integration at the point of sale
- Visit on average 8-10 stores on weekdays
- Support existing customers on specific lease applications or questions
- Work closely with the customer success and collections team to ensure a seamless handoff, following up to ensure all inquiries are resolved
- Manage the distribution of marketing and point-of-sale program materials
- Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish
- Experience in B2B Sales in the Fintech, Consumer Goods, F&B, and Transportation industries
- Prior CRM experience with Hubspot or Salesforce
Kafene is a leading point-of-sale financing partner dedicated to empowering flexible ownership solutions for underserved customers nationwide. By enabling our retail partners to offer flexible lease-to-own (LTO) purchase options for prime and nonprime consumers, Kafene helps merchants grow their customer base and meet the growing demand for furniture, appliances, electronics, tires, and other durable goods. Utilizing more than 20,000 data inputs in tandem with cutting-edge AI and machine learning technologies, our platform creates a best-in-class experience for both merchants and customers. With over $150 million in sales since inception, we are rapidly growing and looking to expand our team.
We take pride in fostering a dynamic workplace culture that values collaboration, innovation, and mutual support. Our team of 100 is spread between a NYC headquarters, a Wilmington office, and fully remote staff across the country. Last year, we were selected for Built In Startups to Watch and Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
Our sales team operates within a highly data-driven and collaborative environment, emphasizing both analytical rigor and entrepreneurial creativity in our interactions with small to medium-sized merchant partners. Within our dynamic, growth-oriented startup culture, we prize adaptability and an entrepreneurial mindset in pursuit of our goals. We function as a tightly-knit, self-starting team, where every member is accountable for achieving their objectives. Embracing a culture of continuous improvement, we learn from our mistakes to better serve our expanding client base. Our team benefits from comprehensive sales training and onboarding experiences designed to equip Area Sales Managers for success in the field. This includes personalized 1:1 coaching, group training sessions, and immersive learning opportunities.
What’ll you do:
- Accelerate growth for our company by increasing our merchant base through prospecting, and onsite visits to merchants.
- Ensure we are continuing to grow our lease volume by nurturing pre-existing relationships with Merchants and ensuring they’re upskilled on our existing suite of products.
- Provide support to merchants throughout the sales cycle through a close partnership with our underwriting and merchant support team.
- Train merchants on our Leasing programs and the Merchant portal to ensure seamless integration at the point of sale. This may include onboarding and training the Merchants’ management and Sales team.
- Visit on average 8-10 stores on weekdays.
- Support existing customers on specific lease applications or questions.
- Work closely with our customer success, and collections team to ensure a seamless handoff, following up to ensure all inquiries are resolved.
- CRM management of your book of business using HubSpot.
- Generate metrics to monitor your region and ensure you’re hitting growth targets.
- Analyze and assess reports to enhance sales strategies and initiatives.
- Managing the distribution of marketing and point-of-sale program materials.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or a minimum of 2 years of experience in B2B Sales in the Fintech, Consumer Goods, F&B, and Transportation industries.
- Fluent in English; Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish is a plus.
- You’re a go-getter, you’re not afraid to knock on doors, and prospect in person.
- You employ a customer-first mindset and you’re always thinking about how to improve our merchant and customer experience.
- Proven ability to manage time, commitments, and accounts effectively.
- Excellent phone etiquette and demonstrated customer service skills.
- Initiative-taking approach to problem-solving with the ability to generate positive outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail; self-starter; and the ability to multitask.
- You operate with a high level of integrity and can manage confidential information.
- Prior CRM experience (Hubspot or Salesforce preferred).
Compensation and Benefits
- Base Salary: Earn a competitive base salary ranging from $65,000 to $75,000, along with uncapped commission potential.
- Healthcare: We prioritize your well-being by covering 80% of medical, dental, and vision insurance costs. Additionally, we contribute 75% of the premium for your spouse and/or dependents.
- Retirement Benefits: Begin planning for your future from day one with our 401k plan.
- Paid Time Off: We understand the importance of work-life balance. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off days starting from day one of your employment.
- Monthly Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement: To ensure you can perform your duties effectively, we provide reimbursement for monthly mileage and cell phone expenses.
Kafene is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.