Principal Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Build strong relationships by being a collaborative and dependable teammate across the software and machine learning teams as well as other key organizational stakeholder
- Create value by working on the most critical efforts at Videa
- Champion pragmatism and help the organization on its quest to constantly improve
- Communicate effectively and efficiently by understanding your audience
- Collaborate with teammates to design, build, automate testing of and support REST services at the application, identity, data pipeline/storage and machine learning layers
- Scale data ingestion and processing pipeline for high throughput - ingress of over a million x-ray images per day!
- Extend existing Data Lake capabilities to store and query petabytes of binary and textual data and the associated metadata, systematically arranged in S3, RDBMS, and NoSQL databases
- Enhance platform for efficient data extraction for model training
- Invent the future of deploying versioned machine learning models at scale
- Advance our platform's deployment automation capabilities
- Enable platform to agilely support complex interactions with our customers' and partners' technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with a keen interest in all things distributed
- At least 8 years of experience building complex (secure, reliable, distributed and scalable) SaaS systems on AWS, Azure or GCP
- At least 4 years of experience Node.js or Python backend services
- Hands-on experience in building well-crafted APIs that make the front-end developers smile!
- Experience with complex SQL/NoSQL database designs. Well-versed with schema normalizations and query optimization
- A passion to utilize your skills to improve the world by positively impacting people's health!
- Experience in implementing workflows, e.g., Apache Airflow, Luigi, etc
- Experience working in a Docker-first environment with Kubernetes or AWS-ECS
- Exposure to building front end code in React or Angular
- Experience with Identity-as-a-Service providers (Auth0, OKTA, AWS Cognito, etc.)E
- Experience with automated deployment tooling (CDK, Terraform, etc.)
Videa is on the mission to improve patient health through the power of AI. By leveraging algorithms, analytics and health data, Videa is unlocking health and economic value across the dental value chain - making dentistry more transparent for dentists, insurers and patients.
- Fast paced and collaborative work culture in which you can gain experience, grow your technical skills and work on a wide variety of challenges over your time with us
- A team led by a VP of Engineering who spent the first half of his career as an engineer who understands what engineers need to thrive and whose mission is for Videa to be the best team you'll ever join.
- Competitive pay and equity.
- Agile organization where being senior translates to being a mentor and role model for others. We lead by example.
- Technical challenges on the leading edge of innovation where software and machine learning
Company Core Values
- Move health forward
- Think rigorously
- Build community