Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About The Role:
We are looking for a qualified Software Development Engineer In Test to join our Video team in San Diego, CA. As part of the Video team, you will be responsible for applications managing the information flow and product growth of our partner developer applications and back-office portal, creating a seamless developer experience. In this role, you will focus on software quality and automation delivering on our goal to simplify how solutions are distributed and integrated with Fleets and Partners, streamlining the developer experience as we expand our offerings, and ensuring defects do not escape to production environments.
Our stack is wide, diverse, and evolving. As a SDET, you are eager to take on multiple languages, frameworks, and contribute to future architecture decisions. You are versed in Agile/Scrum methodologies and are comfortable with giving and taking technical direction.
Our primary business logic is currently PHP/Laravel but transitioning to Node services. Our web front ends utilize Vue. Our mobile apps are written in Kotlin/Java. Our Vehicle teams leverage Python and Go. There’s a lot of surface area to work on!
If all this sounds like a challenge you’re interested in the role, then please apply!
This role will be expected to work onsite 1-2 days a week in the San Diego, California office.
- Experience testing web applications (both frontends and APIs)
- Experience writing end-to-end tests across platforms
- Experience conducting load and performance testing
- An automation first testing mindset
- Experience with MySQL and/or Postgres DBs
- Experience reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing
- Acute attention to detail
- An ability to think up new ways to break our applications
- A commitment to software craftsmanship and things like code review, design patterns, etc
- Experience testing Android mobile applications
- Appium experience
- Testrail experience
- Android tablet experience
- Laravel Experience
- Docker and/or Kubernetes experience
- Vue.js Experience
- PHP Experience
- Node.js JS/TS experience
- Experience with cloud native applications in AWS
- Linux administration
- Big Data
- Working with hardware
- Geospatial/location data experience
- BI Tool experience (Looker/Tableau)
- Serverless development experience (Serverless Framework/SAM/CDK)
- Microservice architecture experience
- Kubernetes experience
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $87,980 and $148,000. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.