Principal Software Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Provide the best player experience by choosing the best game possible
- Handle game orchestration by ensuring performance across Roblox worldwide data centers
- Someone that has architected, designed, and developed a wide-array of software products
- An expert in building available distributed systems, and familiar with NoSQL/NewSQL systems
- Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices
- Have previous experience building Machine Learning systems
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Someone with 7+ years of experience
- Reporting to the Matchmaking team
- To achieve the best player experience possible, you'll lead experimentation, data-driven projects and partner with data teammates. You'll also work on our new Machine Learning prediction system to improve the quality of the matchmaking decision
- You'll help create the next generation of the Matchmaking system, built to increase up to 1B monthly active users. This distributed system will be available and support up to 1M QPS
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done