Senior Data Scientist-Creator Content
Posted on 2/2/2023
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant field
- An effective communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and participate in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs
- A capable statistician. You understand the value of characterizing data by its distribution. Covariance, Bias, and Conditional Probability are concepts that you rely on every day
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You're experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data using big data frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink
- Experienced in developing models to draw insights from data. You use regression techniques, data mining, and statistical techniques to create new, scalable solutions to solve difficult business problems. You understand when to apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatically
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Financial Mathematics or other technical field
- 8+ years of industry experience in Data Science and Analytics
- 6+ years of prior industry experience in Product Analytics
- 6+ years experience in scripting languages for DS like Python or R
- 3+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages and tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark and Airflow
- Experience leading complex cross functional and cross-org projects
- Experience promoting best practices and excellence across an analytics team
- Experience developing a vision, roadmap, datasets, and tooling in a nascent area
- Knowledge of statistics fundamentals to support experimental design and analysis
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, data analysis to inform product design decisions, statistical analysis and testing, and machine learning model development
- Reporting to the Manager of Data Science, you will accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that improve growth
- Access raw data, and then transform it, analyze it, and render it in a compelling way--all using a custom analytics tool kit built from state-of-the-art open-source libraries
- Build dashboards to understand causes of changes in metrics
- Accelerate product development through the application of models to improve growth and improve the product experience
- Evaluate A/B experiments to determine success of product feature launches
- Influence how Roblox works with its players and its platform developers to accelerate creator velocity
- Domain knowledge related to gaming, communication, education, building out a platform, and/or enabling creators
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done