Associate Director Strategic Initiatives
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Tempe, AZ, USA
- 7+ years experience in healthcare strategy and operations, or related field
- 4+ years of experience managing individual contributors
- Work / project planning experience
- Experience leading large-scale projects
- Experience with Excel (can perform complex functions) and financial modeling experience
- Achieve and work on the strategy to enhance UM program's overall value including determining and uncovering new opportunities across UM clinical operations
- Improve the UM program's Return on investment by defining and implementing the prior authorization strategy
- Achieve delegate vendor oversight strategy including determining new specialities, markets and vendors to work with
- Identify and perform cost-savings opportunities by collaborating with important departments such as Clinical Team, Finance, Product, Tech, Medical-Cost Management, Data Science, Finance and other regional teams to improve results for strategic programs
- Program management of main company and clinical strategy projects and be the source of truth for value delivery programs for the UM team
- Evaluate financial and performance metrics dashboards to create dashboards for Senior Leadership report outs
- Create Staffing models, guide the budgeting process and the fiscal performance for the Utilization Management team in association with the leadership team
- Grow direct reports, ensuring that colleagues are supported in professional development
- Master's degree
- Management Consulting experience with a focus on healthcare
Health insurance company
Oscar Health’s mission is to make high-quality health insurance accessible and affordable for everyone. The company is a software driven health insurance company that offers medical plans, medicare advantages, and small group products.
- Health insurance - That’s a given. Employees and their families receive incredible health insurance.
- Financial benefits - A penny saved....we’re talking about a 401K plan, health savings accounts, and more.
- Well @ Oscar - We care about your wellness with fitness classes and access to mental health support.
- Work-Life Balance - We offer multiple time-off options, wellness days, and 10+ weeks of parental leave.
- Learning & Development - We offer everything from mentorship to management training.
Company Core Values
- What we do is a big deal. We’re solving problems that change and save lives.
- Powered by people. Members above all. Developing and growing others is what raises the bar.
- No genius without grit. Be relentless. Be scrappy. Trying and failing beats not trying and changing nothing.
- Seek the truth... but never assume you’ve found it. Be scientific.
- Inspire & provoke. Develop and display leadership at all levels. Fight to be the best.
- Be transparent. Give and ask for direct feedback. Be grateful for and excited by the help of others.
- Make it right. Admit your mistakes. Then learn from them. Never build alone.