Senior Data Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Austin, TX, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League
- If we see alignment with League's needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring
- Before extending offers, we conduct reference and background checks
- Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using cloud-native and big data principles
- Build the framework to enable analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Data and Marketing teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and regions
- Create data processes and tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Advanced working knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores
- Experience with end-to-end API design, implementation and sustainment
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured and structured datasets
- Project management and organizational skills to self-scope and direct on a day-to-day basis
- Experience supporting and working with cross-product/feature teams in a dynamic environment
- The ideal candidate should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Beam, etc
- Experience with both relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, MongoDB, etc
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Apache Airflow, etc
- Strong Experience with Code Management + DevOps: Github, Github Actions, Concourse CI, Terraform, Atlantis, etc
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) cloud services: BigQuery, DataFlow, PubSub, CloudSQL, Cloud Storage, Cloud Composer, VertexAI
- Knowledge of the FHIR standard and/or healthcare data
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Go, Scala, Java, C++, etc
Digital health platform
League is on a mission to power the digital transformation of healthcare. The company is building digital infrastructure for better consumer health experiences.
- Personalized benefits plan
- Health, Lifestyle & Learning spending accounts
- Flexible medical and dental plans
- Fertility treatment support
- Paid parental leave and baby bonus
- Unlimited PTO
- Free mental health counselling and support
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Exclusive access to a curated wellness marketplace
- Sabbatical program
- RRSP/401K accounts
- High-impact onboarding
- Extra-long holiday weekends
- Mental health (wellness) days
- Creating a healthier future.
- Building a dream team.
- All owners.
- Aspiring to live our best lives.
- In it to win it.