Elearning Content Development Lead
Posted on 6/7/2022
Remote in USA
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience (Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Learning Design, Learning Development, Adult Learning)
- 5+ years of progressive experience in instructional design and online course development or an equivalent role
- Energized to establish content development and design process from the ground up
- Inspired and skilled to lead with autonomy and create compelling content
- Skilled at delivering high quality work, in a fast paced startup atmosphere
- Prior experience working in a complex operational or customer support organization preferred and financial experience a plus
- Hands-on experience with a variety of eLearning authoring tools required: Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, Vyond, Storyline and Lessonly Video/Multimedia production and editing experience
- Possess a strong portfolio of e-learning and/or video work with instructional design examples that showcase strength in visual and graphic design (please be prepared to share)
- Experience with LMS Administration
- SCORM/AICC/xAPI experience preferred
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including training content development and presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of forming successful relationships and collaborate with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Proactive thinking, constantly seeking improvement opportunities in work and the ability to simplify complex information
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team
- Willing to travel up to 10% (once it is safe to resume travel)
- Design and develop online course content, provide eLearning guidance, consultative services, and liaison with key partners and subject matter experts to develop course specifications
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple, diverse assignments simultaneously while working independently to assure accurate and timely completion of assignments, keeping Supervisor advised of progress and problems
- Establish and implement a production build process that successfully scales across the entire Customer Operations training team
- Partner with Instructional Design (ID) to manage design/build documents and templates around highly engaging and interactive eLearning that meets company standards and learner needs
- Manage a Learning Management System (LMS), establish design standards completion records, and reporting, as well as handle all learner registrations, records and reports
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves problems with course design, LMS configuration and infrastructure
- Create and manage reporting mechanisms to track compliance, learning objectives and key metrics
- Educate and mentor peers on the use of a LMS and course authoring tools
- Demonstrate expertise across all fields to deliver high value, on-demand training
- Use innovative techniques and creative delivery mechanisms to reach a dispersed, global field organization and embrace new technologies as they arrive
- Develop and prepare presentation materials; write, direct, edit videos and voice overs
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.