Kinship and Science & Diagnostics are divisions of Mars Petcare—and are dedicated to one purpose: creating A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™. Through comprehensive veterinary care, nutrition, breakthrough programs in diagnostics, wearable health monitoring, DNA testing and pet welfare, our 100,000 Petcare Associates help pets in more than 130 countries.
WHO WE ARE
Wisdom is on a mission to help pets live their longest and happiest lives. We are home to the world’s largest and most comprehensive dog DNA database, and a pet parent community passionate about helping us make our next discovery towards achieving Mars Petcare’s purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™.As part of Mars Petcare’s new Science & Diagnostics division, we are entering our next chapter of growth and innovation.
Having recently launched a best-in-class ancestry prediction and relationships platform, we are now building enhancements to increase accuracy, drive product features and enable health prediction discovery.
Wisdom sits within the Science & Diagnostics division of Mars Petcare.
At Mars Petcare we have one purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™. Through comprehensive veterinary care, nutrition, breakthrough programmes in diagnostics, wearable health monitoring, DNA testing and pet welfare we help pets thrive in more than 130 countries. For decades we’ve supported research into the incredible science of human animal interaction at the Waltham Petcare Science Institute where scientists discover important advances in pet health and wellness. Mars Petcare is part of Mars, Incorporated, a global, family-owned business with a focus on becoming Sustainable in a Generation, reflective of the many pets and communities we serve.
We’re seeking a product design leader who has experience with both consumer and enterprise applications and is eager to bring their talents to Wisdom. Our Sr Product Designer will partner closely with product and engineering to translate the product vision into the best user outcomes and world- class experience for today’s pet parents and beyond. This person is up for the challenge of driving unified and cohesive design systems behind the scenes while allowing the distinctiveness of our brand to shine.
As the Senior Product Designer, you will report to the Associate Director of Product.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with product, growth and engineering teams to translate the product vision into an actionable product strategy, roadmap and opportunity backlog
- Create wireframes, flows, comps, prototypes, and production assets to effectively communicate interaction and design work and validate ideas
- Continuously refine and optimize UX experience in partnership with product, growth and engineering team to create product / market fit with the goal to exceeding target metrics (conversion, retention, engagement and more)
- Study trends, exploring new interaction models & technology and imagining the future will be a recurring activity as part of our visioning exercises.
- Facilitation and key contributor in idea sourcing, concept development and prioritization of those new ideas
- Collaborate with Marketing and Commerce teams to balance the need to keep things fresh with the best user outcomes and customer experiences
- Maintain high accountability and own the full design process leading to deliverables that are on-time, detailed, and polished
- Drive the evolution of our tools and processes across Wisdom that will drive efficiency and ease as well as great results
- 7+ years of UX design experience in a growth startup environment across B2C and B2B business models with mobile, web and in-person consumer journeys
- 7+ years of experience with digital product design (visual and interaction)
- 3+ years of empathy-based customer / user research experience
- Ability to align key executive leaders and produce design outcomes that get thumbs up from users and stakeholders alike
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment with resilience in the face of evolving priorities
- Data-driven and metrics focused; gathering user research and analytics to inform your designs and approach, working cross-functionally to reach target goals and vision
- Comfortable working from inception through execution (brainstorming, sketching, mapping, wireframing, prototyping, designing, user flows, paring or even coding, AB Testing)
- Simple and refined design aesthetic and sensibility – with considerations to usability, simplicity, and consistency – and can design to specific consumer and brand needs
- Fluent with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Framer, etc.
- Honest and humble and can give and take critique productively
- Can communicate design approaches to product managers, software engineers and other stakeholders
- Experience leading collaborative projects that span multiple teams and disciplines
If you also had these experiences, you’d knock it out of the dog park:
- You Have Courage: a willingness to bring forth a new idea, engaging others across SDx to support you, and taking risks and action will full accountability
- You Learn at Pace: a consistent and fast work ethic to meet growth goals, and the ability to evolve and pivot quickly from what you’ve learned
- You Value Difference: a genuine belief in inclusion and diversity is in your DNA, and it shows up in your work, and how you work.
The San Francisco, California base salary range for this position is $145,000 - $155,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Total compensation will include bonus incentives and benefits. Kinship provides Full Time Employees (Associates) benefits which may include health insurance, retirement plan benefits, eligibility for Mars discounts, unlimited paid time off and access to other benefit programs. Eligibility for Kinship benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable Kinship Benefits plan at a person’s date of hire.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Opportunities to impact and grow the business on a day to day basis
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for Full-Time Employees and their families
- Unlimited paid time off for Full-Time Employees
- Hybrid work environment
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby) for Full-Time Employees (adhering to our policy)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet leaders across our divisions
Kinship is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Note to Search Firms/Agencies:
Kinship does not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Kinship and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae, and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Kinship will be deemed the sole property of Kinship and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Kinship.