Chief of Staff
Posted on 12/2/2022
Canada • Remote in USA
- You never let things fall through the cracks. You'll be crucial in keeping daily/weekly trains on the tracks
- You hunger for a holistic view of the business, and knowledge on how to deploy that strategic perspective to drive cross-functional results
- You're comfortable with projects that have ambiguous execution steps. You have a proven ability to take ambiguous, broad charters and break them down into actionable projects
- You're a world class communicator: you make compelling business propositions via conversation and presentation
- You have an affection for startup scrappiness
- You're exceptionally detail-oriented and analytical
- You have zero ego: no job too small or too big mindset
- You have strong relationship management skills: engaging, motivating, communicating and executing
- You thrive in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- You're driven: No one needs to push you; it's just who you are; you push everyone on the team to think bigger and work smarter
- You're eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use
- Serve as a side-by-side execution partner for the executive. Help lead and manage processes for initiatives like setting top-level goals, board meeting prep, and leading management team meetings
- Pursue discrete “special projects”. Lead projects that may not have a natural home in the organization today, or build a cross-functional working group to tackle them
- A majority of your time will be spent leading the Ciox & Datavant integration
- Own cross-functional projects and executive priorities. Assist the executive in ensuring essential team objectives get done
- Be a cross-functional conduit for communication and measurement, often giving objective feedback across the organization. Can be the “eyes & ears” of the executive deep into project details
- Be a strategic “sparring partner” or sounding board for the executive. Support “go/no-go” decisions and resource allocation. Help pressure test thinking, experiments, and conclusions
Healthcare data platform
Datavant's mission is to connect the world’s health data to improve patient outcomes.
- Competitive Salaries & Rewards
- Generous Parental & Family Leave
- Ability to work anywhere in the US and Canada
- Meaningful equity
- Competitive Benefits – Full Family Coverage
- WFH Stipend & Monthly Credit
- Commitment to Learning & Development
- Unlimited PTO
Company Core Values
- More Responsibility, Fewer Rules - We have a culture of trust. Every Datavanter has a real project from their first week. Engineers begin checking in code almost immediately.
- We Grow Leaders - We promote from within to preserve culture and provide unrivaled growth opportunities for our team members.
- Perfect Is Good, Done Is Better - We move quickly, with a bias towards action.
- Time Is Our Most Valuable Asset - We prioritize automation and proactively eliminate bottlenecks. And aim to be punctual.
- Playing To Strengths - As an organization, we only build products and compete in markets where we decisively can win. As team members, we focus on our individual super-powers instead of correcting for weaknesses.
- Feedback Is A Gift - We proactively provide feedback to our peers and managers in the same warm, open-minded spirit of giving or receiving a gift to a friend. As an organization, we are transparent about both the problems and successes facing the company.
- We Work Hard - We believe that success requires long hours and is driven more by perspiration than inspiration. We don’t rest on past successes, individually or as a company.
- Always Pass The “Loved One Test” - You should be proud of the work you do with us, and we won’t make decisions that compromise that.