Staff Software Engineer
Posted on 2/1/2022
Raleigh, NC, USA • Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Passion for large data sets, APIs, access & identity management, and/or delivering scalable backend systems Deep understanding of SOA, web security architecture, REST APIs, event-driven architecture, and other architectural patterns
- Experience in full stack software development experience building highly reliable, scalable, fault-tolerant & distributed systems Strong knowledge of building restful APIs for internal and external productsHave a thorough understanding of user experience and design patterns and is capable of translating UI designs and UX patterns into functional software
- Experience working in Identity Security Domain utilizing protocols such as Single Sign On (SSO), Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), OAuth, OpenID Connect (OIDC), System for Cross-Domain Identity Management would be a plus
- Experience in Okta, Auth0 would be a plus
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components and APIs
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical field.7+ years of meaningful work experience designing, developing, testing, and maintaining full-stack applications and microservice ecosystems
- Experience in building and deploying applications to AWS or any cloud service provider
- Experience with writing and executing test protocolsPassion for designing and building practical high-quality software solutions
- Build frameworks that guide and enforce good design and coding practicesLead designs of major software components, systems, and features
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software
- Rigorous design and code reviewsReview and refine requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Build and operate the infrastructure and tooling that runs the systems and powers the team
Designs cancer screening tests
GRAIL's mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. They are working to change the trajectory of cancer mortality and bring stakeholders together to adopt innovative, safe, and effective technologies that can transform cancer care.
- Outstanding People - Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
- Strong Compensation - We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide for long-term financial planning.
- Complete Health Coverage - Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
- Work-Life Balance - Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
- Grit - We are determined and resilient because patients are counting on us.
- Respect - We value diversity and challenge each other respectfully.
- Accountability - We own our decisions and keep our commitments.
- Integrity - We adhere to our principles of humility, transparency, and rigor.
- Leadership - We make each other better by making leadership everyone’s responsibility