Environmental & Waste Manager
Remote / Ideally commutable to Leeds office when required
At SharkNinja we design, manufacture and sell small household electrical appliances to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world. We are dedicated to providing our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier.
At the heart of our creativity, we rely on our Legal, Risk and Compliance teams to understand our regulatory landscape and ensure we meet our contractual, legal and regulatory requirements. Reporting to our European Risk and Compliance Director, you will be responsible for ensuring SharkNinja continues to meet its obligations under UK and EU environmental regulatory frameworks including waste packaging, WEEE and batteries. You will also be pivotal in developing and expanding our European sustainability strategy, including completing our annual GHG emission inventory and working with Marketing to reduce the environmental impact of our packaging.
- Leading and supporting environmental and waste management systems and performance to ensure compliance in UK and Europe.
- Ensure environmental, waste, WEEE, battery, and packaging policies and procedures are maintained to reflect current legislation, corporate standards and best practice.
- Maintain SharkNinja’s UK and EU Environmental Compliance Register to identify future developments and ensure SharkNinja Europe is legally compliant with all current regulatory requirements.
- Manage the relationship and interaction with our compliance schemes service consultants.
- Lead and support relevant projects to support the wider business.
- Provide advice and guidance to other teams and functions to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Support ESG and sustainability projects.
Requirements / Key Skills
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Comfortable handling large datasets in Microsoft Excel
- Organised and methodical, can work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Desirable (but not essential)
- Good working knowledge of industry standards
- An understanding of extended producer responsibility regulations concerning WEEE, batteries and packaging.
- Professional certification/membership to a relevant professional body
What We Offer
- Salary plus 10% annual bonus
- Open plan office with modern facilities, with home working available
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Benefits package including pension, healthcare and dental cover
- Staff discount across all of our products
- Free on-site parking
SharkNinja operates Preferred Supplier (PS) arrangements for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment across all UK functions. As such, we would ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any of our SharkNinja colleagues and that no CVs are submitted to staff across the Business. Any unsolicited CVs and/or communications will reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency. Any CVs will be sent at your own risk and will be interpreted as ‘gifts’ and we will reserve the right to engage with candidates directly having not, in any way, entered into your company’s Terms and Conditions of Contract.
Our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world! We work very hard to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to build the next big thing and develop while they do.
At SharkNinja, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is vital to our global success. Valuing each unique voice and blending all of our diverse skills strengthens SharkNinja’s innovation every day. We support ALL associates in bringing their authentic selves to work, making an impact, and having the opportunity for career acceleration. With help from our leadership, associates, and our community, we aim to have equity be a key component of the SharkNinja DNA.
YOUR ROLE in DIVERSIFYING SHARKNINJA
·As a corporate citizen, learn and support SharkNinja’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategy
·Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
·Explore SharkNinja’s DEI Groups or volunteer to serve on committees that organize diversity-related events and activities
·Participate in employee engagement surveys and respond as openly and honestly as possible
·Become culturally competent; take the time to learn about different cultures, races, religions, and backgrounds represented by your colleagues
·Ensure equitable experiences, strengthen inclusion acumen, and promote a culture of inclusivity and belonging that embraces the contributions of all team members
SharkNinja is voted 2022 Best Places to Work in Boston and 100 Best Large Companies to Work For. As a subsidiary of JS Global Lifestyle Company Limited (Hong Kong: 1691), a leader in small household appliance innovation, we are ranked in the top three for the ’Best ESG Management Company’ in consumer necessities sector by leading international financial magazine, Institutional Investor, in June 2022. We strive to get smarter and are dedicated to integrating DEI in our processes, practices and policies. Some of our benefits include 4 Global DEI subcommittees, 8 Affinity Groups, 5 Business Resource Groups, Cultural Celebrations, Summer Half Day Fridays, Volunteer Impact Day/Activities, Mentorship & Coaching Programs more. Plus your first SharkNinja product is on us and you can enjoy discounted products throughout the year.
YOUR ROLE in leading our SUCCESS DRIVERS & representing our UNIQUE MINDSET
·Lead us to be “RARELY SATISFIED”
·Make things better each day; “PROGRESS OVER PERFECTION”
·Use your knowledge of our consumer, understand that “DETAILS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE”
·Deliver something great; “WINNING IS A TEAM SPORT”
·Be clear and honest, “COMMUNICATING FOR IMPACT”
Explore SharkNinja on our social channels:
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other class protected by state or federal law. SharkNinja will consider reasonable accommodations consistent with federal, state, and local law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact SharkNinja People & Culture.