WANdisco’s Software Engineering team plays a key role in delivering the company’s world-class Live Data Migrator suite of products. Our products provide a seamless user experience when moving data via the company’s patented data migration technology.
We are looking for a candidate to join a team working within a team of highly talented engineers, working on WANdisco’s ground breaking technologies to design, build and maintain our software applications. This is an interesting and highly challenging opportunity and a chance to learn from some of the best minds within the software industry in a uniquely positioned and growing company.
The ideal candidate will be equipped to work in an Agile and cross-functional environment, where the focus is on developing a high-value, high-quality product.
- Work within an Agile Java development team to complete high quality software releases
- Work closely with product management to understand product requirements
- Collaborate, design, and present proposals for new features and test cases
- Effectively communicate the status of work progress to completion
- 5+ years of programming experience (preferably in Java)
- Strong Linux experience
- Strong fault finding skills
- Experience with multi-threading, networking, NIO and Collections strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Version Control such as Git and/or SVN
- Team player who can also work on their own initiative
- Knowledge of debugging complex systems
Additional Requirements (Optional)
- Experience in the Scrum development methodology preferred
- Hadoop and Cloud experience (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field, or qualification from an accredited Academy
WANdisco is the first and only data activation platform for accelerating digital transformation at scale. WANdisco makes infinite data actionable across clouds and enterprises in real time. WANdisco customers unleash the business value of the cloud with zero downtime, data loss or disruption. WANdisco activates data to power AI and machine learning, create new services, and transform businesses. To learn more, visit www.wandisco.com.