Plastic Injection Molding
Posted on 11/16/2022
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace, mechanical, systems, electrical, materials, or related engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience from industry or participation in collegiate engineering or research projects
- Advanced degree in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience leading team of high performing engineers and/or specialists
- Direct experience with plastic injection molding
- Ability to design tooling for high volume manufacturing
- Ability to develop and maintain high performing suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Experience working in a highly adaptive and iterative environment
- Experience implementing automation into production processes
- Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing and scaling to high volume as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience with design of experiments, gauge repeatability and reproducibility, and process qualifications
- Experience defining production data requirements and statistical process control
- Experience with NX and Teamcenter
- Experience working with and defining requirements for ERP, MRP and MES systems
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours and/or weekends with minimal notification as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Responsible for development of plastic injection molding and high pressure die casting manufacturing processes for Starlink hardware
- Responsible for the development of the injection molding process through parameter optimization, DOE experiments, and trials that will lead to a robust process
- Responsible for implementing plug-and-play processes to production that are capable of high volume throughput (1M+ per year)
- Take direct ownership of the physical production layout, optimizing for material flow from material receiving through processes on the line
- Manage strategy for production line tooling, inventory, training and build process and ensure all are updated according to the latest design configuration
- Responsible for influencing design to increase product manufacturability
- Evangelize and drive design for test (DFT) best practices and design for manufacturing (DFM) with design engineers and test engineers
- Identify automation opportunities and establish requirements as well as evaluating return on investment for each
- Work with in-house resources or vendors as necessary to develop these solutions and implement on production line
- Support production line with technical issues that cannot be addressed immediately on the line
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.