iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $134 billion in global client assets invested in 1,065 funds, as of June 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 – 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; and a two-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
The Backend Engineer at iCapital will play an integral role in designing and implementing systems that power the iCapital platform. We are looking for engineers who can build APIs and applications that are highly performant and intuitive. More than checking the boxes on specific technologies, we are looking for driven team members with technical depth and a desire to deliver end products for our clients.
You will work closely with our Product Management team throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, and addressing issues found via testing.
Our platform sits on top of a micro-services architecture with services built in Scala, Ruby, Node.js and Python. If you are not already familiar with the technologies used at iCapital, you will have the opportunity to pick up these new tools and technologies while on the job—with support from management and mentors.
- Building cloud native services using Scala using open-source frameworks Akka, ZIO etc.
- Unit and integration test development using Scala Test
- Active participation in stand-up meetings
- Active participation in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change Management Process
- Degree in Software Engineering
- 10+ years of web-based application development
- Experience in Scala, Kotlin, Node.js or Java a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of relational or NoSQL database concepts and modeling practices
- Passion for actively learning new technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort, as required
- Solid problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach to software development
- Leadership/people management experience
The base salary range for this role is $150,000 to $200,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together and prioritize office-first four days a week. Most employees have the option to work remotely one day a week while some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc| Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital Network is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.