Veho’s mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local delivery stations. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon, three former public company CEOs, early investors in Lyft and Instacart, as well as prominent venture capital firms General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Softbank. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
As the Head of Marketplace Intelligence, you will build and lead the Marketplace Algorithms data organization at Veho to shape the future of how we serve our drivers at Veho. As the leader of the Marketplace Intelligence organization and the first Data Science leader at Veho, you will build a data science team that partners with engineering teams across Veho to embed data and actionable insights into our products. In this role, you will report to the Head of Engineering at Veho.
We are on a mission to re-invent package delivery by creating a best-in-class experience for our users. Our data and engineering teams build products that power our operations (warehouse, transportation, and marketplace), help drivers successfully deliver packages with care, and provide consumers visibility into everything that is happening. Data and AI is central to our roadmap and you will be critical to its success. Your thought leadership as well as judgment on how we leverage data towards our mission will be critical to your success.
In this role, you will combine subject matter experience in data science, and data engineering will be expected to hire and bring on board high-caliber data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers. This role will own both the tactical and strategic direction of the data and AI strategy at Veho and will be expected to work closely with stakeholders across all of Veho. Marketplace is the heart of the entire Veho operations and the data science team is central to driving innovation in how we operate our marketplace.
Tactically, you will be responsible for hiring data scientists that can be embedded across the Marketplace intelligence team in different organizational areas and will be accountable for the craft of data science in Marketplace Intelligence. You will also be responsible for thought leadership and partnering with our data platform team that is building the best-in-class experience for data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Define and lead strategy for Marketplace data as well as partner with the engineering teams in building data-centric Marketplace products.
- Provide roadmap, delivery timeline, as well as strategy for the evolution of the data science algorithms while ensuring continued roadmap execution.
- Lead the craft of data science at Veho and help build the Data Science organization
- Working with product, design, and engineering as an equal partner and is adept at translating business problem spaces to priorities and learning agenda for the team
- Hire, develop, and retain a high-performing, talent dense, and diverse team (both ICs and people managers)
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering or data science teams.
- Outstanding problem framing, strategic thinking, and communication skills. You are adept at surfacing insights to a variety of stakeholders.
- A broad technical background that spans multiple areas such as data products, experimentation, advanced metrics, statistics, machine learning, and causal methods
- Experience thinking through organizational strategy and establishing stable scopes of teams
- Strong executive leadership experience leading teams of data scientists, data engineers, analysts, engineers, and software engineers.
- Experience building data organizations from the ground ups.
- Experience engaging with top executives and collaborating with business leaders to leverage the value of data to drive and influence the business.
- Demonstrated success driving team and delivering quick results in a startup environment
- Thrives in a fast pace and evolving environment.
- Prior experience in shipping logistics, marketplace optimizations, route planning and solves.
- Experience with working with data at tens of petabytes scale.
- Experience with MLops and machine learning/recommendation algorithms and platforms.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Veho is committed to nurturing, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive work environment. Empathy and respect for each other is core to our values and a central part of working here every day. The diversity of our employees, drivers and applicants is welcomed and encouraged.