Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. A bank for all of us.
What you’ll be doing
- Create and implement the product roadmap for Varo lending products
- Responsible for defining what success of the product means based on KPIs and performance
- Own the performance of your products: optimizing for meeting customer needs in terms of speed, convenience and access, while controlling for operational costs, loses and cost of implementation
- Use data and customer insights to deliver optimizations, improvements, and drive increased engagement
- Collaborate effectively with other groups to create solutions, including data science, design, user experience research, risk, operations and marketing
- Write and present detailed product deliverables on key initiatives to executives and stakeholders.
- Lead technical story-writing and write stories yourself as needed to move quickly
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- 7-10 years of professional experience, including 3-5 as a Product Manager
- Proven track record of launching products that drive customer value and deliver business impact
- Experience with product optimization, A/B testing, and customer and data driven decision making
- Experience managing front end experience and core functionality of products
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria above and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all-digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected]
with the pertinent information and contact information.
CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants: