YipitData is the leading market research and analytics firm for the disruptive economy and recently raised up to $475M from The Carlyle Group at a valuation over $1B.
We analyze billions of alternative data points every day to provide accurate, detailed insights on ridesharing, e-commerce marketplaces, payments and more. Our on-demand insights team uses proprietary technology to identify, license, clean and analyze the data many of the world’s largest investment funds and corporations depend on.
For three years and counting, we have been recognized as one ofInc’s Best Workplaces. We are a fast-growing technology company backed by The Carlyle Group and Norwest Venture Partners. Our offices are located in NYC, Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, Seattle, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, and Singapore. We cultivate a people-centric culture focused on mastery, ownership, and transparency.
About The Role:
Are you a passionate, solutions-oriented attorney looking for a new role in a fast-paced financial tech company? Joining YipitData’s legal team is a rare opportunity to become a core contributor to the success of a company that is building the future of investment research.
At YipitData, our legal team is an essential and collaborative partner in the Company’s growth. As our Counsel, Commercial Contracts, you will be a core player in partnering with our commercial teams to negotiate, execute and close sales.
As Our Counsel, Commercial Contracts You Will:
- Develop contract negotiation and drafting skills to close deals. You will guide our commercial teams through the lifecycle of a deal - from initiating a contract or negotiating an NDA through closing the deal.
- Learn in a rapidly changing environment by navigating new problems and conceiving novel contracting frameworks for creative sales ideas.
- Enhance processes, efficiency, and best practices, including continuing to build out our contract management platform and working with our commercial teams to improve our forms and processes.
- Collaborate with our product, revenue, engineering, privacy and compliance, and finance teams to facilitate contract reviews and internal processes.
- Research, recommend and execute on key strategic opportunities and special projects.
- Evaluate and advise on appropriate legal courses of action to meet Company and business unit needs.
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- You are excited by and highly determined to work on revenue driving commercial contracts with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- You have a passion for drafting, negotiating, and redlining and are eager to further develop these skills.
- Your attention to detail is stellar.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and enjoy working cross-functionally.
- You thrive in the unknown, are motivated to think creatively each day and can handle new areas of responsibility independently.
- You have a law degree (JD or equivalent) from a top law school, license to practice and are a member of good standing in New York, and have the appropriate practical knowledge, skills and abilities acquired through 2-5 years of relevant experience as a practicing attorney at a law firm or in-house, drafting and negotiating business contracts strongly preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity for a top law firm associate or experienced attorney at a high-growth tech or data product company with strong communication skills and impeccable judgment.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), one of our office hubs (Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, or Seattle), or anywhere else in the US. However, depending upon where the remote work is performed, income could be subject to New York State tax withholding.
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary.
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- The final compensation package for this role may be determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal team benchmarks. The compensation package also includes equity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice