Senior Technical Program Manager
Posted on 10/20/2022
Remote • United States
- 8+ years of collective experience in engineering and program management roles
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- A team player mentality with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization
- Proactive and curious by nature. You are creative and enjoy taking unique approaches to solve problems
- Pragmatic; you take an iterative approach to developing processes and systems
- Technical depth and judgement
- Get Things Done. More than just displaying activity, counting sprint points, or delivering regular updates. You actually bring projects to completion and deliver real accomplishments for the business, and help your teams understand the difference
- Dive into Details. You understand the details of their projects and help guide them with and in active partnership with their teams. You don't just stay in the stratosphere or in abstract process. You have the technical judgement to act as a partner with your teams in planning and decision making
- Make Work Repeatable. You create and improve processes that smooth the path for others and prevent and remove recurring organizational toil (and the lower quality bar that often allows). You reuse processes developed elsewhere, and aid in adoption of standards where relevant
- Mentor & Lead. You are good at, and enjoy, informally aiding others in developing key organizational and project skills. You're a leader within your projects and support people in the process
- Bring Order out of Chaos. You are known for leaving a program and the teams you support in a position of stronger organization than where they started, and those teams continue to succeed even when you are no longer specifically engaged in the project
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.