Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, Remote, US
Posted on 11/17/2022
Mountain View, CA, USA
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA with 8+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Combination of Big 4 and public company financial reporting experience
- Precise, analytical, organized, and self-motivated
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position, and develop procedures for implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of at the company
- Strong to advanced Excel skills
- Donnelley Financial Solutions experience a plus
- Enterprise software and/or SaaS industry experience a plus
- Own the completion of financial statements and related disclosures
- Assess the financial statement and disclosure impact of complex transactions and draft technical memos to support conclusions reached
- Act as a subject matter expert for equity accounting and disclosure matters
- Establish, develop, and maintain the company accounting policies
- Be a proactive liaison with external auditors to drive timely closure of financial statement reviews and technical accounting matters
- Monitor, assess, and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company and partner with stakeholders to analyze the impact
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to various stakeholders within Accounting, Finance, Legal, and other cross-functional teams
- Take initiative for process improvements to scale and optimize the financial reporting process
- Develop and maintain effective internal control over financial reporting, ensuring Sarbanes Oxley requirements are met
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team