Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit is seeking to hire Software Engineers to help scale our products and influence change. If you are excited about joining a fast paced team and solving problems in the FinTech space, TaxBit might be a great fit!
As a Software Engineer at TaxBit, you’ll play a critical role in building and implementing software solutions that deliver world-class experiences for our users and developers. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about software and people, and who have experience with AWS network, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Kubernetes, and building/operating large scale distributed services.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our networking and compute infrastructure to ensure optimal performance and scalability. We’re looking for individuals who are excited to work in a fast-paced environment and who are motivated to tackle some of the biggest challenges facing the industry. We value humility, hunger, and openness, and we welcome anyone who shares these qualities to join our team.Key Responsibilities
- Design, build, scale, and maintain our platform infrastructure using AWS network, IaC, and Kubernetes
- Develop reusable modules via infrastructure-as-code to be consumed across the entire engineering team
- Experience building tools to improve developer productivity, and empathy for the end users
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure, networking, and security issues
- Write well-designed, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Participate in roadmap planning and prioritization
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer, with a focus on AWS network, IaC, and building/operating large scale distributed services
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK
- Experience developing, maintaining and debugging distributed systems in one or more programming languages ( Typescript, Python, Java or equivalent).
- Experience with ops culture and a deep understanding of metrics,alarms, and dashboards
- Ability to work in an agile environment and challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
The base salary range for this role is $105,000-$237,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with free access to Headspace as well as company-wide mental health days/weeks
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Friday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
- By submitting an application for this role, you certify that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire you, or for discharge should you be hired.
- Employment with the Company is at will unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the CEO of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.