Embedded Software Development Engineer
Updated on 2/1/2023
Austin, TX, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of related work experience or Master's/PhD with 5+ years of related work experience
- 5+ years of experience developing and debugging embedded Linux or RTOS systems
- 6+ years of experience in multi-threaded and concurrent programming with C/C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, complexity analysis, scalability and availability
- Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and continuous integration and testing
- Proficiency with the operation of common bus interfaces like I2C, SPI, and PCIe
- Proficiency with the emulation and prototyping environment and IP/Software debugging
- Familiarity with device driver development and operation on Linux/QNX/FreeRTOS/Zephyr
- Familiar with Git source control
- Bring up SoC, new boards, and ADAS systems
- Architect and specify platform software and firmware requirements
- Work with boot loaders and software bring up on new hardware
- Work on board schematics and device data sheets
- Architecting and implementing SoC security firmware is a plus, including Boot ROM, Trusted Execution Environment subsystem, secure key storage and key management, and secure OTP provisioning, etc
- Experience in embedded software design, cryptography, vehicle architecture, CAN Bus, Functional Safety, diagnostics and embedded device messaging is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team