Role: Graduate Quant Developer
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With offices around the globe, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
The Quantitative Development team works directly with quantitative researchers to design, implement, deploy and use software for research and trading. As part of the technology team, the team follows modern software development principles and works with peers in technology to mature and evolve these tools for wider use. Quantitative developers drive cross-team initiatives with technologists and quantitative researchers across all asset classes to achieve Squarepoint’s objectives.
- Work with quantitative researchers to design and build efficient and scalable workflows for research and trading
- Collaborate closely with team members and peers in technology to ensure global consistency and maximize re-use of software components
- Assume strong ownership of projects throughout their full engineering lifecycle
- Provide level 2 support for critical components
- Degree in applied math, physics, engineering, quantitative finance, computer science
- Programming experience, preferably with Python, C++, or KDB+/q
- Experience with modern software development: version control, agile development
- Excellent technical communication skills