Sr. Data Scientist
International Growth, Market Insights
Posted on 8/2/2022
Remote • United States
- 6+ years of experience in quantitative analytical roles, preferably for growing at-scale consumer products outside the US
- Experience working with Market Directors, Content Curation, or Marketing teams preferred
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
- Partner with local market teams to surface key insights and analytical findings that will help accelerate growth in a specific country
- Deliver key dashboards for local teams to scale data findings and unlock the ability for key regions to make timely decisions
- Work cross functionally with Content Analytics and Marketing Data Science teams to elevate insights that can inform future country-specific marketing strategies (content and community creation, local campaigns, etc.)
- Be the expert on country-level metrics around growth metrics and user segmentation
- Define team metrics and goals and work with the Data Warehouse team to create ETLs (extract/transform/load) and reporting dashboards
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.