Staff Data Scientist
League of Legends
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Math, or related Computer Science/Quantitative field with 3+ years of industry experience, or equivalent experience (i.e., M.S. with 4+ years of relevant experience, or B.S. with 6+ years of relevant experience)
- Experience leading the development of production-quality data products in Python and SQL
- Knowledge of data science methodologies, including machine learning, statistics, deep learning, optimization
- Experience with data science use cases and data engineering concepts (e.g., modeling, pipelines, distributed processing)
- Stakeholder management skills, including building alignment, defining scope, delivering, and effectively maintain data science products
- Effective communication skills, including presenting and sharing information with audiences across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority
- You will collaborate with team leadership, leading the execution and delivery of data products that advance company-wide initiatives
- You will develop relationships with product and engineering teams to understand their data science needs
- You will identify opportunities for data-driven approaches that deliver value to teams across the organization, and champion data solutions to product leads and engineers
- You will work with stakeholders across the organization and on initiatives, gathering requirements, designing project plans, determining approaches, and defining success criteria
- You will continually improve our data science practice by identifying novel techniques and technical approaches
- You will act as a mentor to advise and level up data scientists in both data science and technical best practices
- Experience with data science for eCommerce and personalization systems
- Familiarity with monetizations strategies in the gaming industry
- Experience with Spark and big data tech (e.g., Hadoop)
- Experience with cloud data tools (AWS, GCP)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Online game developer
Riot Games' mission is to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world.
- Family Care
- Open Paid Time Off
- Play Fund
- Donation Matching
Company Core Values
- Player Experience First.
- Dare to Dream.
- Thrive Together.
- Execute with Intelligence.
- Stay Hungry; Stay Humble