Director – Cloud Security
Posted on 9/9/2022
Remote in USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Strong security engineering fundamentals background, especially in the field of infrastructure security, especially Kubernetes, cloud-native identity, controls in GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Proven experience in operational security practices in a cloud-first environment, especially incident response, secrets management, vulnerability assessment, and privileged access management
- The knowledge, experience, and perspective necessary to own outcomes, influence stakeholders, and provide effective leadership when it comes to keeping our customers and our product safe
- Decision-maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy
- Ability to own and oversee numerous initiatives, while working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, and adjusting priorities upon evolving business needs
- A data-driven, decision-making mindset
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Drive and influence infrastructure security across the organization by partnering with key stakeholders throughout Confluent
- Propose, design, build and deploy security solutions, frameworks, automation, and orchestration to secure our cloud and platform build infrastructure
- Act as a technical lead for critical operational infrastructure-oriented security programs within Confluent
- Strategy, risk management, and prioritization for all efforts around infrastructure security
- Be a subject matter expert for the company around infrastructure security
- Cultivate a high-performing team of engaged engineers who will continue to evolve to address the infrastructure security needs of the company
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team