AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Working with AccuWeather’s team of on-air and operational meteorologists, the Weather Graphics Producer will create compelling weather graphics viewed by millions on the award-winning and national AccuWeather Television Network.
The Weather Graphics Producer will work onsite at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Working knowledge of daily weather graphic production workflow
- Functional understanding of the Baron Lynx weather graphic system
- Ability to perform general Baron Lynx and PC troubleshooting
- Capable of supporting on-air live broadcast tasks including, but not limited to, updating weather graphics on the fly, gathering local storm report information, managing webcam streams, and solving common technical issues with Lynx.
- Using graphic tools provided, build compelling video weather graphics for AccuWeather products, clients, and partners as instructed.
- Generate daily content under deadline pressure.
- Assist in the implementation of new weather clients or graphical products.
- Basic knowledge of graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and other Adobe Suite products.
- Ability to work in the fast-paced and demanding environment of live television.
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in producing compelling video weather graphics
- Previous experience with weather graphics systems (I.e. Baron Lynx, WSI, Weather Central)
- Previous experience with graphic design software
- Ability to effectively communicate in the broadcast style
- Superior customer service skills
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights if breaking weather news occurs
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.