In this position, you will join a great team within Ampere and work with top talent in the industry and you will make contributions in Operations by supporting NPI and volume production. You will work with the team to develop engineering, characterization, and production test programs. You will be responsible for production test program integration, quality, release, and documentation. You will be involved in probe card, final test load board, and socket hardware design and debug. You will interface with DFT team for test pattern delivery and ATE checkout. Additionally, you will support ATE-to-SLT correlation, RMA, reliability, and failure analysis related tests on ATE. You will also work with Asia PTE team to ensure a smooth production ramp and resolve ATE related production issues.
What You’ll Do:
• Work with design/DFT/product engineering teams to define ATE test strategy and specifications
• Lead probe card/load board design, bring-up, and test program development on 93K ATE platform
• Own test methodologies and continuous improvement for production test program quality/efficiency
• Drive test flow optimization, coverage improvement, and test time reduction
• Support Ops team on NPI startup and HVM deployment activities
• Drive detailed failure analysis and yield enhancement activities
• Play a key role in new product/package/fab qualification before volume production
What You’ll Bring:
• 8+ years semiconductor test engineering experience
• Hands-on experience in VLSI SoC or microprocessor product bring-up and productization
• Strong Advantest V93K test program development and scripting skills
• Knowledge of semiconductor fundamentals and CMOS circuits
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills and the ability to proactively solve issues
• Proven ability to learn and adapt to new methodologies and technologies
• Experience with yield improvement and test time reduction
• Solid background in ATE testing, test methodologies, silicon process and DFT/DFM
• Familiarity with JTAG/SCAN/ATPG/MBIST/SerDes tests a plus
• Excellent problem solving, teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Computer Engineering, or related field with 8+ years’ experience, OR
• Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Computer Engineering, or related field with 6+ years’ experience, OR
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Computer Engineering, or related field with 3+ years’ experience
Perks in Santa Clara
• Office has panoramic views of Silicon Valley
• Garage parking
• Gym and café on campus
• Healthy snacks, espresso, and drinks
• Standing /Ergo friendly desk set-up
• Ping-pong/game room
• Unlimited Flextime and 10+ paid holidays
Pay and Benefits
Ampere offers a competitive total rewards package that includes base pay, bonus, stock, and comprehensive benefits. The full base pay range for this role is between $143,000 and $238,000. We also offer an annual bonus program tied to internal company goals and annual meritocratic stock awards that enable our employees to participate in the success of the company. Our benefits include health, wellness, and financial programs that support employees through every stage of life, with full benefits eligibility at 20 hours per week. Beyond compensation and benefits, our passionate teams thrive in an inclusive culture that empowers our employees to do more and grow more - all in service of inventing industry leading cloud-native designs that contribute to a more sustainable future. We look forward to sharing more about our career opportunities through interviews but reach out to [email protected] if you have questions that can’t wait.
Ampere is designing the future of hyperscale cloud and edge computing with the world’s first cloud native processor. Built for the cloud with a modern 64-bit Arm server-based architecture, Ampere gives customers the freedom to accelerate the delivery of all cloud computing applications. With industry-leading cloud performance, power efficiency and scalability, Ampere processors are tailored for the continued growth of cloud and edge computing.
Like the scientist behind its name, Ampere employees are innovators. We understand the needs of cloud computing and different software requirements. We are inventing what comes next and looking at everything from the structure of memory and how efficient the system is, to considerations on speed, cost of electricity and ability to cool. Power, size, weight, and cost are driving the technology requirements and the innovation to come.
Our world class team of engineers, with depth and expertise in the cloud and semiconductor industries, is not only focused on the development of new semiconductor designs but also building out the first software ecosystem for Arm®-based server processors. Through the Ampere approach to the cloud and edge, we give our customers the freedom to challenge the status quo and accelerate next-generation data centers for the most memory-intensive applications. Given the challenge we have outlined, we are building a culture of entrepreneurs that ensure customers come first, proactively approaching industry challenges in the areas of security, power, and performance, delivering results that matter most.
We are an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.