Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 12/30/2022
Pleasanton, CA, USA
Ruby on Rails
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 4 years of software development experience; OR 6 years of professional experience building software
- Significant experience writing application-level logic within the web stack, such as Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails, Go, Python, Node/Express, etc
- Front-end development experience using modern web technologies (React, Vue, Polymer, Angular, etc.)
- Hands-on experience writing applications in Go
- Hands-on experience with RDBMS systems like Postgres/MySQL
- Experience deploying applications to the cloud
- Background in biology and DNA sequencing is not required. Interest in the field is
- Make substantive changes to internal web tools across the stack, from cloud deployment to UI changes
- Develop single-page React applications, as well as service APIs to serve and display experimental data
- Work with computational biologists and R&D leads to spec out new tools and features
- Deploy and monitor internal applications
DNA sequencing insight platform
10x Genomics is on a mission to develop innovative instruments, reagents, and software that allow you to see your biological system at a resolution that matches its complexity. The company enables scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
Company Core Values
- We are mission driven and stay relentlessly focused on that mission.
- We operate from first principles.
- We strive for exponential impact.
- We put WE before ME.
- We believe exceptional talent delivers outsized results.