Software Systems Engineer
Posted on 11/24/2022
Sorrento Valley, San Diego, CA, USA
- Systems, or a related technical degree (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years' related experience. 4+ years using DevSecOps methods (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and tools (Jenkins, Docker); using CM principles, tools and techniques on complex software projects preferred
- Knowledge of scripting languages and methods to automate processes is required
- Experience with Artifactory JFrog Xray, Coverity, Jira and Confluence
- Ability to travel approximately 1-4 weeks per year as required for customer meetings and on-site training system Support
- Hold (or be able to obtain) a valid US Passport as travel abroad may be required
- Deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas
- The necessary 8140 certification requirements to be a privileged user in the lab and cloud environments including but not limited to Security+ and an Environmental Certification
- DoD Top Security/SCI Clearance
- Bringing to bear industry and Government practices for elements of DevSecOps such as code repository management, configuration management, branching/merging code, building automation, test code coverage, and automated scanning tools
- Establish practices to streamline and integrate security practices within the continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline aligned with the PEO C4I / NAVWAR Enterprise DevSecOps initiative
- The DevSecOps efforts shall encompass:
- Installing and configuring application lifecycle management, continuous integration/continuous delivery, and continuous monitoring tools
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining the DevSecOps continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline for cloud and on-premises deployments
- Recommending and implementing industry-based practices for continuous monitoring
- Training and coaching development teams in utilizing the application lifecycle management and continuous integration/continuous delivery tools
- Establishing and maintaining standards for use of the application lifecycle management and continuous integration/continuous delivery tools
- Recommending industry-based practices for incorporating testing, security, and operations representation into the Agile Team early and continuously in the application lifecycle
- Recommending industry-based approaches and tools for instrumenting DevSecOps elements to provide greater visibility, transparency
- Experience and strong working knowledge of US Navy Cyber/Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements and instructions is desired
- Certifications in DevSecOps, RHCE, QA and/or Atlassian is desired
- Served as the CM Tool designer and administrator for a development team
- Served as the Build Engineer, Release Engineer, or Product Installer for a development team
- Experience with Atlassian Software Development and Similar Jobs as .Net Developer Graphics Software Developer, Mid-Level Java Developer Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence, Portfolio)
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.